This recipe serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless organic chicken cutlets, cut into strips
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons *coconut oil
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and sliced
1 cup chicken bone broth
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 pound Jovial Foods Einkorn Linguine
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat and sauté the chicken on both sides until it is golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate and keep warm.
3. Turn the heat to medium and quickly add the wine to the pan, stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the bottom and cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
4. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the basil, pine nuts and lemon juice.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta (in the boiling water) until it is al dente, about 9 to 11 minutes. Drain and toss with the sun-dried tomato mixture.
6. Divide the pasta among the serving plates and arrange the chicken on top.
Serving Size: pasta with 4 ounces of chicken
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 385 mg
Total Carbohydrate 58 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Protein 40 g
Percent Calories from Fat 25%
Percent Calories from Protein 31%
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 44%