This recipe serves: 4
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 cup diced organic red bell pepper
4 tablespoons diced organic Vidalia onion
4 large organic, pastured, eggs
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in an 8″ non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside. Wipe the pan clean so that it can be reused for the eggs.
3. Whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper until well blended.
4. Pour the eggs and vegetables into the frying pan and stir constantly over low heat with a rubber spatula. When the eggs begin to get firm, add the parsley and continue stirring.
5. When the eggs have reached the desired degree of doneness, put them on warm plates and serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Protein 7 g
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sodium 113 mg
Percent Calories from Fat 54%
Percent Calories from Protein 33%
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 14%