This recipe serves: 6
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 salmon fillets about 1 inch thick (1 ½ lbs.), broiled
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 ½ cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus
2 cups cooked brown rice (properly prepared)
1 ½ cup fresh or frozen organic, peas, thawed
½ cup bone broth
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the broiler. Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with coconut oil.
2. Broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a large skillet add the oil and asparagus. Cook the asparagus over medium-high heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the rice, peas, and broth.
5. Cook for 1 minute before adding the salmon, parsley, and remaining ingredients. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Protein 27 g
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sodium 95 mg
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
Percent Calories from Fat 26%
Percent Calories from Protein 42%
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 32%