This recipe serves: 16
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
1 organic, pastured egg
1 organic, pastured egg white
1 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Crystals, packed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon Jovial Food Einkorn flour
1. Heat the oven to 350° F. Spread the oats on a baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally until oats are browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Reduce the oven to 325° F. Cover an 8 by 11-inch baking pan with foil and then spray with butter or coconut oil.
3. Whisk the egg, egg white, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the oats, raisins, pecans and flour. Make it a team effort and let your kids do this step.
5. Let your kids spread the batter in the prepared pan.
6. Bake until golden brown about 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
Slice into 16 bars and serve.
This recipe can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Protein 2 g
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sodium 52 mg
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Percent Calories from Fat 30%
Percent Calories from Protein 11%
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 59%