- 15% of children and adolescents 6-19 are overweight and another 15% are at risk
- 10% of preschool children 2-5 are overweight
- 1 in 5 children are currently obese
- For those who are obese at 10-13 years of age, they are 70% more likely to be obese as adults
- Self-esteem is negatively affected and may result in the development of personality disturbances that last a lifetime.
If you are looking for childhood obesity treatment in Cincinnati, there is help! Schedule a consultation with me at 513-300-8042.
Empowered Parents – Obesity, Overweight and their Connection to Eating Disorders (http://www.empoweredparents.com/pages/Article7.htm)
Medical Advice Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information on this website does not create a physician-patient relationship.
© 2010, Dr J Renae Norton. This information is intellectual property of Dr J Renae Norton. Reproduction and distribution for educational purposes is permissible.
Please credit ‘© 2010, Dr J Renae Norton. http://edpro.wpengine.com’