In my experience, clients that are in treatment for bulimia, binge eating disorder, anorexia or bulimarexia are typically faced with an increased risk of inadequate nutrition. To this end, I try to provide my clients and readers nutritious and delicious recipes to enjoy both during and after their recovery journey at ‘The Norton Center for Eating Disorders & Obesity’.
Eating healthy can be quick and easy once you get the hang of it. The key is in the planning. When you get into the habit of having the right ingredients on hand, meal preparation is a breeze, not a source of agony.
Be sure to visit the recipe corner for more delicious recipes!
Truffle Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
4 large portobello mushroom caps – washed and dried
1 cup hulled hemp (or 1 cup cooked quinoa)
1 cup organic sprouted Mung Beans
1 cup bone broth
3 TBS. coconut oil
½ onion – diced finely
½ cup celery – diced finely
1 cup organic mushrooms – diced finely
1 capful garlic juice (or 4 peeled garlic cloves smashed to a paste)
1 lb. ground bison, beef or turkey
1 cup shredded raw organic smoked cheddar cheese
Pinch bourbon smoked paprika
Pinch sea salt
Pinch truffle salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare hemp (or quinoa) and mung beans according to directions using bone broth instead of water. Mix together and set aside.
3. Saute onion, celery, mushrooms, spices, garlic and protein together in coconut oil until protein is no longer pink.
4. In a large bowl, toss hemp (or quinoa) and mung bean mixture with protein mixture; stir-fry together quickly.
5. Arrange mushroom caps on a sheet pan. Stuff with combined mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove mushrooms and top with shredded smoked cheddar cheese. Return to oven until cheese has melted. Serve hot.
Inquire about booking Dr Norton for a speaking engagement
Read About Dr Norton
View video about Dr Norton
Medical Advice Disclaimer: The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan. Reading the information on this website does not create a physician-patient relationship. This information is not necessarily the position of Dr. J. Renae Norton or The Norton Center for Eating Disorders and Obesity.
©2014, Dr J Renae Norton. This information is intellectual property of Dr J Renae Norton. Reproduction and distribution for educational purposes is permissible. Please credit ‘© 2014, Dr J Renae Norton. http://edpro.wpengine.com’.