In my experience, clients that are in treatment for bulimia, binge eating disorder, anorexia or bulimarexia are typically faced with an increased risk of inadequate nutrition. To this end, I try to provide my clients and readers nutritious and delicious recipes to enjoy both during and after their recovery journey at ‘The Norton Center for Eating Disorders & Obesity’.
Eating healthy can be quick and easy once you get the hang of it. The key is in the planning. When you get into the habit of having the right ingredients on hand, meal preparation is a breeze, not a source of agony.
For more recipes, be sure to visit the Recipe Corner
BAKED SWEET POTATO ROUNDS
4 large organic sweet potatoes or yams
1 cup coconut oil
Organic cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes into a pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil on top of stove and immediately remove. Let cool.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick slices and place on cookie sheet or in an oven-proof dish. For easy clean-up, you can line the cookie sheet or oven-proof dish with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and baste slices on both sides lavishly with the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn, reapply coconut oil.
- Sprinkle spices on this side and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve straight from oven.
320 calories, 28 g of fat, 2 g of protein, 24 g of carbs, 3 g of fiber